return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Brewster's Biopsy Results

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dog Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: brewstersmom at Tue Jul 10 09:19:18 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by brewstersmom ]  

The lump was a grade 1 hemangiopericytoma. It is a type of cancer that 80% of the time is not metastatic, but in less common cases it can be. It usually occurs in the limb. It is a connective tissue cancer. Brewster's grew from an unusual spot - the linear alba between his stomach muscles. It does tend to grow back in the same spot, worse on reoccurence. The good news is the vet believes it was removed with clean margins, and it was only a grade 1, but the margins should have been bigger on one side.

The vet has suggested that we keep an eye on it, and change his diet to low carb. So, I need suggestions for a food that is primarly protein (first 3 ingredients cannot be a grain). We also need to get him on omega 3 fatty acid.

Lastly, my parents are both in the health profession and my mother works with a lot of cancer. I have heard promising studies on the benefits of low dose aspirin in preventing cancer growth. I have asked the vet if dogs can take aspirin, and if so a safe amount. I think I'm going to put him on baby aspirin, every other day.
-----
Amanda's Pack: Greg the Husband, Kate the daughter, Liam the son, Brewster the Shiba Inu, Cassie the Torbie & Fenway the Leopard Gecko!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Brewster's Biopsy Results - brewstersmom, Tue Jul 10 09:56:36 2012 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: Brewster's Biopsy Results - Shboom, Wed Jul 11 11:37:49 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Brewster's Biopsy Results - Kiricki, Thu Jul 12 01:50:28 2012