return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Shaking...and our vet passed away

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dog Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: brewstersmom at Tue Apr 23 17:29:25 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by brewstersmom ]  

Hi Everyone,

Brewster has been shaking/shivering/trembling (not sure of the right word) a lot lately. He comes over and puts his paws up on my lap when this is happening, and if I stop paying attention to him he nudges me with his nose. He isn't normally much of a shaker. The only time I have seen him tremble is when he is very scared (when we have gone to the vet, when my husband has used a nail gun, etc.). He seems healthy otherwise, but my daughter thought he was panting more and differently--I haven't witnessed that myself. He doesn't seem sick. He has a good appetite and is playful. He is a HUGE wimp, so I feel like I would definitely know if he was in pain (we are talking about a dog that cried and wouldn't step on his paw that had a bandaid on it after he had blood taken, and until we took the bandaid off a few hours later).

Brewster is getting older (he'll be 11 in the fall) but he looks and acts young. The trembling is getting more and more frequent, though, and since we had a cancerous lump removed over the summer (which I haven't felt come back) I definitely wanted to get it checked out. I called our vet's office yesterday and I was SHOCKED to find out our holistic DVM Cornell-grad vet had passed away at 54 years old! I'm so sad. He was such a nice man and was way to young to die. I have been trying to find another similar vet all day with no luck - I don't want to go to a vet we already know we do not like. There are a few other holistic vets listed, but they are either very far away or part of a big emergency clinic that is a super ripoff and I have not liked in the past.

So, I'm not sure what to do. If anybody has a vet they love in Southern NH, or if they have any experience with a Shiba that is shaking, please let me know.

Thanks!
-----
Amanda's Pack: Greg the Husband, Kate the daughter, Liam the son, Brewster the Shiba Inu, Cassie the Torbie & Fenway the Leopard Gecko!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Beni's visit to Cornell - Shboom, Sat May 4 23:38:02 2013
<< Previous topic:  fence running and jumping - aweaussie, Sat Apr 13 15:48:24 2013