return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

New member.. hi! competitive vet pricing

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dog Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Tuna211 at Wed Jan 15 11:22:00 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Tuna211 ]  

Hi everyone!

I am a born dog lover, had dogs all my life, and currently have an almost 8 year old pit bull. I have had her since she was 8 weeks. Found her on the street as a stray.

Being a poor college student when I first got her I couldn't afford vet visits and wasn't the most up to date on all her shots or exams. I am not proud of this but she always had a loving home and food which was better than dying on the street, being put down, or picked up and trained to fight. I lived in a bad part of Long Beach where fighting was known to happen.

We were fortunate enough that she never got ill in those early years. For the past few years she has been completely up to date and a favorite at all vets she visits. That being said I have been hearing some noise from fellow dog owners especially new owners that they are amazed how expensive vet care is and how many forgo vaccinations and check ups because of this. Remembering that same pain I was wondering why there isn't any online tools/websites that help find quality care at competitive pricing.

Does anyone know of anything? and if there isn't anything why this wouldn't work.

All I can find is directories that lead directly to the vet's info and if you are lucky a few reviews and maybe a few prices. But it is a very manual process.

Thanks

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Advice on Seniors & Pups Needed - brewstersmom, Sun Feb 9 17:46:14 2014
<< Previous topic:  Kaia doing better - kona63, Tue Jan 14 16:52:46 2014