return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Waterproofing space b/w huge rock and edge of preshaped pond

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ponds & Water Gardens ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Sirtalis at Tue Apr 5 17:51:34 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Sirtalis ]  

I am building a new pond next to a rather large rock that is mostly buried in the soil. The pond is one of those pre-shaped solid liners and its plastic rim slightly protrudes out of the ground. The large rock is shaped such that water pumped up the side facing the pond would trickle nicely down to the pond - thereby looking like a nice stream/waterfall. The problem is, it wouldn't have any way of crossing the plastic rim into the water, but would be blocked by the rim and instead run off into the ground. I am attaching a diagram in case this does not make any sense (and in the hopes that the diagram will clarify).

My question is whether anyone has had any brilliant ideas as to how to bridge the gap from a rock to over the pond's plastic edge (in some sort of waterproof way) while preserving a natural look. One idea was to use a small piece of flexible liner and hide it with smaller rocks, but would it be worth filling the gap with concrete or would this potentially pollute the water. Is there any other material (such as some sort of natural looking calking material) that I could use to waterproof this gap? And if so, how would I place it on top of soil?

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Waterproofing space b/w huge rock and edge of preshaped pond - Minuet, Fri Apr 8 18:37:42 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Waterproofing space b/w huge rock and edge of preshaped pond - Krystal19_85, Tue Apr 12 10:26:46 2005