return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Complete Novice needs help - Goldfish

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ponds & Water Gardens ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: numptysnumnuts at Sat May 28 13:53:01 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by numptysnumnuts ]  

I know nothing about goldfish and possibly the fish I have isn't even known as a goldfish. I am also possibly in the wrong forum but it seems to have a lot of info on goldfish. If I have I appologise but I am hoping somebody out there can either put my mind at rest and possibly save my other fish.

OK we don't have a pond but a tank (our son but parents maintain. ring any bells?) in which we house 3 goldfish and have done for over 3 years. Yes I have lost a couple in those three years one was jet black with bulging eyes who died within 2 weeks of being in the tank and another identical one who suffered the same fate (don't know why) but never bought any others and then my sons favourite who was a chocolate brown goldfish who died about 2 years ago after starting to swim upside down and kept rising to the surface. This I know is something to do with their bouancy bladder and is quite common so I am lead to believe. ANyhow the remaining 3 are 1 complete orange with wide tail and 2 white and orange with fan type tails. The 2 white and orange seem to go around together but steer clear of the orange one due to his size (bit of a glutton).

Anyhow we are cleaning the tank today and put the fish from one tank to another fresh clean water left 24 hours before transfer. Water is from the tap (shock horror) but our water system is filtered and has a Neutral pH is this correct lifestyle?

Well I notice that on one of the orange and white fish there is a what can only be described as a clear blister/sack on its bottom section of its tail about 1cm from its body. It doesn't seem to be causing any discomfort to the fish but then again I have only noticed it today but I am wondering if its something more serious and need to get it seperated from the others.

As I said I am a novice at this and there are probably many things I am doing incorrectly but if we loose another fish my son will be very gutted.

If need be I can email a picture of this fishes problem.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Complete Novice needs help - Goldfish - oranda, Mon Jun 20 05:28:44 2005