return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Sick Oranda

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ponds & Water Gardens ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Weedo at Sat Jun 17 15:52:41 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Weedo ]  

I don't know why your not seeing the pic. Might be a photobucket thing. It shows up for me. This tank has been set up for about a year now. I've been very faithful about the water changes. At least once but mostly twice a month. The last change was about a week ago. The tank is 24 inches deep. I have one of the box type bio filters in it. The box sits on the bottom with the pump inside and the water entering through the top. I'd say 8 inches off the bottom. No undergravel. Also I'm using a HOT Magnum canister filter. None of my golds are full size, the biggest one maybe 5.5 inches in total length. Mostly small. I just lost a Ryukin and a fantail too so I'm down to 14 golds and maybe 12 swordtails of decent size, theres some wee ones in there too. I'm not trying to do any breeding. But as for water quality, I feel it's good. I did an ammonia check yesterday and it was bottom of the scale. That's the only kit I have right now. The only non ideal condition I think I have is temperature. I live in Texas and this tank is on my back porch, though it does get 100% shade. I have a big patio cover. It's warm in the summer time of course but the fish didn't seem to mind it last year. The big guy is still hangin in there. Alive that is. He eats fine when I hold him up to the food but then just sinks back to the bottom. I got some of the Bio blend food also.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Sick Oranda - Weedo, Sat Jun 17 18:42:00 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Sick Oranda - jadzia, Sat Jun 17 11:04:42 2006