return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

external bucket type pump/filter system

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ponds & Water Gardens ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: crocodile_king at Mon Dec 11 04:52:23 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by crocodile_king ]  

Hi,
I need some help and im hoping someone here can provide help, ideas or suggestions.

I have some dwarf crocodiles set up in 2 seperate enclosures, water area in each enclosure is a thick type squared kiddie pools which are about 7ft x 5ft (150-200 gallon estimated)

Currantly in each water area I have some type of small submersable pond pump/filter units and a plastic stealth 250 watt submersable aquarium heater.

I would like to build a external bucket type pump/filter bucket type set up for each pool but I want to keep these outside of the crocodile enclosures to make maintance easier on me and also so I dont have to disturb the animals as much.

I have PVC tubing run on the bottom of the pools for draining purpose, I was thinking I could use this to get the water out of the pools into the bucket pump/filter system and then just run more PVC tubing and or rubber tubing to get the water back from the buckets to the pools, I would like to put the Stealth water heaters inside of the buckets so that the water is heated as it flows in and out of the pools.

I was thinking I would use 5 or 15 gallon drum type buckets with air with lids (not sure if the lids need to be air tight or not) but im sure I can get air tight lids if needed.

How many pumps do I need for each Bucket pump/filter set up, 1 or 2? I was thinking I might need 1 pump to get the water out of the pool and 1 pump to get the water back into the pool but im not sure.

There is no live plant life in the pools and there are rarely ever any fish kept in the pools, so thats not a concern for me ... just keeping the water flowing, clean and heated.

Can some one please help me with this, designs, suggestions, etc .. ??? Thanks!!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: sorry about the croc pic - crocodile_king, Mon Dec 11 04:54:10 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: A idea of basicly how I want it - crocodile_king, Mon Dec 11 05:19:43 2006