return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

what color/type markings is she?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Small Mammals and other pets ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: aspidistra at Thu Jul 3 16:20:48 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by aspidistra ]  

Hello all,

First off, my husband and daughter own snakes, so we got a "starter" of feeder mice from a friend of my husband's who breeds both snakes and mice.

I do love the snakes, and was deternined not to get attached to the mice, but this little girl was determined to show us that she is not snake food. She's so friendly and inquisitive.And you can't feed a pet to another pet. That's just sick...

So of course, when she had babies, my daughters and I started naming and taming them. At least, the colored ones which we plan to keep and breed. We have some PEW males to put with the colored girls and thought we would put the 2 grayish colored males with some PEW adult females we have. One of the grayish males has a white tip on his tail. I read somewhere this is a bad trait?

Don't know much about mouse breeding, but I know in other animals it's considered a bad thing to inbreed. Is it the same way with mice?

Also, can anyone give me an idea of what color, markings the mama has? She's the center one in the bucket with the babies. The other pics of her are a bit darker than she really is cause I wasn't using flash. She's almost white underneath. Black baby is really an "off" black.

Babies are almost 4 weeks old. Thanks heavens more cages are coming today or tomorrow from the snake/mouse breeder friend of my husbands...

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: what color/type markings is she? - dociledragons08, Fri Jul 4 14:05:18 2008
>> Next Message:  RE: what color/type markings is she? - abbey_road3012, Sat Jul 5 03:15:59 2008
>> Next Message:  RE: what color/type markings is she? - Jack_G, Tue Jul 15 09:33:47 2008