return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: what color/type markings is she?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Small Mammals and other pets ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: abbey_road3012 at Sat Jul 5 03:15:59 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by abbey_road3012 ]  

Definitely brindle, seeing that second picture.

Inbreeding isn't good to do unless you know an absolute ton about the lines of both parents, and even then, there are risks. If you're going to breed mice for health/temperament, go to breeders. The Midwest Mouse Club has breeder listings. You'll find lots of different colors, some that will absolutely freak you out!!! I went to an MMC show and a breeder friend of mine had a yellow merle- a yellow mouse with merle spots, which is white and yellow mixed together. There was also a sex-linked brindle, which is a whole different thing than your girl (she'd be an American brindle). Mice from pet stores are generally bred by large-scale breeders, which breed them only to make more mice. Good breeders are definitely your best bet for good temperament and health, though most won't adopt out mice if any of the offspring will become feeders. Just a warning... but they could certainly help with figuring out what colors you can get by crossing certain mice.
-----
Kadee Sedtal

home of old lady Lucy (boxer/lab/garbage disposal), pretty girl Fancy (beagle), Crusher (yorkie), the rats-Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Pachebel, Fillmore, and Franz, the mice- Vivaldi, Schubert, Bartok, Johann, Giordi LaForge, Dorothy, Glenda, Em, and Rosa, and the wonderful winter white dwarf hamster- Feather
"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo! I'd have all my money back." -Jack Handey

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: what color/type markings is she? - aspidistra, Sun Jul 6 19:29:38 2008

<< Previous Message:  what color/type markings is she? - aspidistra, Thu Jul 3 16:20:48 2008 image in post