return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Are my fish suffering from TB?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Fish, Coral, & Aquariums ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: stangology at Mon Jun 30 11:59:00 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by stangology ]  

It first started with a marble molly coming up with popeye... I qted him into a hospital tank and treated the popeye. After the treatment period his popeye appeared to go away, but I kept him seperated for another two or three weeks. During the period he was sick he seemed to have lost weight and wasn't very active. I thought perhaps being seperated from his tank mates might have had him depressed so after about a total of 3 weeks to a month of being seperated from the main tank I place him back with the others.

He still isn't active... he doesn't really move out from under some plants unless its feeding time, then he may or he may not even respond to the food. His weight hasn't improved either. I'm assuming that he must be eating enough to stay alive, but he is just so skinny and inactive, its worry-some.

Then a week ago, I noticed my lovely Cremesicle Lyretail had a curve in her spine, she was barely able to move her rear fin and was sort of flopping around as she tried to swim. Presently, she appears to be getting better. Her spine is almost back to being straight.

And lastly, my Silver Lyretail with occassionally seclude herself from everyone behind other plants in the tank, opposite from where the Marble hides. When she does that I almost think she is dead because he barely looks like she's even breathing. But after about an hour or two, she'll be back to normal swimming around with the others.

The other 4 mollies in the tank all seem to be okay and not acting strange in any way. After reading the signs of Fish TB, I'm naturally a little nervous about it. Not just because of it being contagious to humans but I don't like the idea of possibly having to euthanize my fish and having to start all over again.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]