return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Total Rookie question

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Fish, Coral, & Aquariums ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: dawgthis at Thu Sep 9 22:42:05 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by dawgthis ]  

MandoLynn-
Good stuff! Thanks for the response. I am 11 days in and have been following the cycling instructions to the tee. It has worked beautifully. We still have 2 white cloud minnows and they seem happy and healthy. The water is clear, the bubbles are bubbling and our 2 year old twins are fascinated with the "fishies".

I plan on taking the water to the local aquarium store again on Wednesday (free test day...nice!).

At this point, I still need to purchase a heater to ensure any further tropical additions are safe and sound. Once I do that, I am going to let each of the twins choose one fish. 2 is enough to start and I don't want to overcrowd my little ecosystem!

Funny side note:
I let the kids choose something decorative to put in the tank after I had it set up the way I liked it. Keep in mind they are 2 yr old twins, boy and girl. My daughter picked a Dora the Explorer pirate thingy and my son picked a tacky purple whale...Classic! Truth is those two additions give the tank more personality than I could have dreamed up.

Here's to toddler decorated tanks!!!

Feel free to send advice anytime. I'm learning and it's nice to have support so I don't screw it up.

Cheers!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Total Rookie question - phishie, Sun Sep 12 15:56:20 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Total Rookie question - Mandolynn, Thu Sep 9 21:53:26 2010