return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: best Macaw?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bird Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: roxanne43 at Thu Apr 24 20:27:37 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by roxanne43 ]  

I have purchased a Millitary Macaw from the bird store I go to all the time. She is about 13 and is just great. I love her already. She was not always nice to me though. She nailed me one time at the store. I didn't go near her for a while. I realy liked her at first, then was a little afraid of her. I think I just went to fast with her. I spend alot of time at the bird store and just had to try again. She was ok with me picking her up so we just sat together for a while, then I slowly took a couple of strokes at a time petting her. The end of the day came and she was letting me hold her close and wanted kisses. She almost was acting like the Cockatoos were. She melted my heart! I took many sesions with her before deciding to purchase her. I wanted to be sure, it is a lifelong com.. She is doing well and is still very loving. She gets out on her stand when I am home and has a very large cage for when I am not. Lots of toys to chew on, a variety of foods, and lots of love. I am glad we have each other. Thanks for the reply. Roxanne and my girl Rudy

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: best Macaw? - PHIggysbirds, Thu Apr 24 22:31:09 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: best Macaw? - PHIggysbirds, Wed Mar 5 11:35:45 2008