return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Help with new cage

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bird Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHIggysbirds at Tue Jan 22 22:14:10 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHIggysbirds ]  

Personally I like them both. We have several of each kind of cage at the rescue and they work very well. The doors for the food bowls on the HQ cages seem to do better at controlling the seeds dropped out since they are more solid instead of bars. As far as cleaning ease I think I may like the Avian accents a bit better. I like the smaller paper "drawer" better on them instead of the bit deeper ones on most of the HQ cages. For overall cleaning they are about even. The grill comes out nicely to clean and we usually spray off and steam clean the outside. Maybe I could offer up a bit more of an opinion if you named the specific avian accents and HQ cages that you are considering. Sometimes I like one specific cage from HQ better than the other because of certain aspects or vice versa but overall they are pretty even up (one thing I do have to say make sure it is a very new model of whichever one as I have heard of some of the older models having trouble with peeling paint after it has been wet, cleaned over a long period of time but have not heard of this happening on the newer cages.) Let us know specifics so we can offer more opinions LOL I am sure some more of us can be opinionated if asked!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Help with new cage - MMathis, Sun Jan 20 12:37:39 2008