return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Red Lored Amazon

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bird Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: cknott1048 at Sun Mar 30 09:22:49 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by cknott1048 ]  

Hello,
I am new to the forum, and would like some advise on a new parrot.I already have 4 as mentioned in my signature below.My question to you all is my birds are all rescues in one way or another.One OW (Aske)is a wild caught that my boss gave me when his baby was born.She is a great bird, and the most tamed.she has had only two owners aside from myself. My boss obtaine her from his vet in Fla, because she was brought in to be euthanized because she was loud, and wouldn't tame down.The other OW (Socrates) was a rescue from a pet stor that I worked at for a short while.He was on a diet of old seed the rats didn't eat, and doritos the other employees would stuff him with.His cage was also the size you would keep a cockatiel in.The TAG (Cloe)was also given to me by the same boss as Aske for the same reason.The B&G was given to me by my boss from the pet store for being to noisey, My boss fed him doritos, seed, and potatos.They are all on a good pelleted diet, with supplemental fruits, and veggies.As well as regular mistings and such.the two amazons reside together in a macaw cage, The Tag is also in her own macaw cage, The magaw is in his macaw cage.They all have outside time,toys, and are allowed outside in the summer while i do yard work.A friend of mine who got a red lored from a rescue said he has started attacking her.Her fingers look like hamburger.this is since she got her CAG.She wants me to take him because of my luck with birds.He was hatched in 1998, and i was wondering if I would have the same problem with him, and his jealousy.Or would he be different with me being the new bird in town.I would give him the same care as the other birds in the family.I am hopeing my wife will work with him as the macaw, and the grey were obtained for her, and bonded with me.Any comments are welcome as well as advice.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Red Lored Amazon - PHIggysbirds, Mon Mar 31 16:55:40 2008