return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Sinus problems

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bird Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHIggysbirds at Mon Dec 8 00:35:48 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHIggysbirds ]  

1. Is it contagious to humans? "Most" bird sicknesses are not contagious to humans so I would really doubt that this one is. If really unsure contact your vet to find out the exact type of sinus infection.
2. Is it going to hurt him if he swims in the water? He wants to go swimming in his drink and at the moment its quite challenging to stop him cos he is very determined. My mum has gone shopping to get a drink container with a little lid on it. I dont know if I should just put plain water til she comes back; i dont wanhim to swim in antibiotics but if i give plain water he might fill up on that and not get any of the medicine! Playing in his water shouldn't be harmful as long as he is not in any drafts or very cool air. Make sure he is able to fully dry before lights out at night
3. Is it likely that he is going to recover? I am worried that he won't be able to recover cos budgies are so tiny and he is starting to get a bit older as well. Budgies recover from sicknesses quite well as long as they get care quickly and when needed. There is always a chance with any animal of problems but I don't see any more of a chance of serious problems with a budgie than with any other bird that receives good timely medical care.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Sinus problems - princess_girl85, Sun Dec 7 23:24:40 2008