return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Amazon Update

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bird Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Aleu at Sat Jan 31 16:26:21 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Aleu ]  

Went to the store again today. Spent about an hour there because I had to meet with a client. This time, he said hello in what sounded like MY voice as soon as I walked in (as if he were waiting for me lol). Typically he mimics a deeper or more far away "hello", but this one was different. not sure if that means much. Somethign to note though.

Thank you for the info. I checked the "concerned spot" out at the sore today, ever so cautiously and he seems to like that area rubbed. So I am going to say that yes it is either an over preening or new growth due to over/preening or something else. I wasn't able to go too in dept or anything, but if I buy him, a vet can check it out.

The store is really small and doesn't always carry parrots, but they keep their own as pets and seem to know more than most of the stores I have been to (even the ones that sell sick animals ALl the time WITH the healh gaurantees). I asked if I vetted him after purchase and he was sick, if they'd be willing to reimburse me for that and they might. I will try to get something in writing if I can and do decide to buy him. I feel bad if I do buy him because he IS from a pet store that doesn't specialize in birds (was planning on getting one at that bird nursery), but I totally didn't plan on actually connecting so much with a bird (especialyl there since I was not looking lol)I hope that makes sense.

Ideally he'd be at a specialty store or a rescue/breeder so that it would be certain :- But I understand...it irks me when pet stores sell sick animals. If I buy him and the vet find out he's sick though, I would like to not return him, even if it's a chronic condition. It's not like I like him because of his species..I like him as an individual and that cannot be replaced. I know most people go into pet stores and just return something saying "this one died...can I have another one...this one looks funny, can i return it for that color?" It irritates me soooo much. They are not decor or trading cards. i am sure you know what I am talking about.

I was afraid of the metal thing, especailyl since I know most pet stores and websites just sell "whatever looks good". What about the cage he is in now? He has been in it for a year now, so is it ok? I wonder if they'd let me test it for lead and zinc...do I just chip some of the paint off or something? If I do get him, I will get him those approved toys you are talking about and will go though companies you recommend...I don't want to hurt him. I can't believe peopel just impulse buy these birds...I mean..I can't imagine them finding out the hard way their toys or cage were toxic.

Also...the books order didn't go through all the way! So now I have to wait an extra few days lol Got to put it in again. I really want to get reading on the behavioral stuff. Thanks again for all the advice!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Amazon Update - PHIggysbirds, Sat Jan 31 18:02:55 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: Amazon Update - PHIggysbirds, Sat Jan 31 11:04:09 2009