return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

PHIggy...a little update on the flock

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bird Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jackskeets at Fri May 8 13:18:14 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jackskeets ]  

I think they group will be just fine Saltie has totally taken over the nest box that's in there, and tho Sgt. Pepper is no where near ready to breed, I'm pretty sure he's going to have no choice but to love Saltie. She is the biggest, and the Queen. I just watched a little battle over one of the 4 new seed cups. Pepper sat in his swing and watched the whole thing from above..hehe, and Sea was smart and just ate at a different cup.

Anyhow, The two who've been together for 2 years had a little battle over just who's seed cup that one was. Skye was eating and Saltie flew over and poked Skye in the nose till Skye flew off...Well she sat for a few seconds staring at Saltie, then came towards me and was looking at me, like for encouragement I figured, so I cheered her on..lol, and she crawled up the side of the cage and poked her beak over and stole a seed! lol, Saltie's reaction was funny, she stared like in disbelief, then went over and tried to get it back. Skye won that seed, and then went right up on the feeder and dug in! Boy you shoulda heard Saltie squakin! As she slowly made he way to a different feeder...lol Like she walked away bit*#@'n lol Now that they both ate their fill, they're cuddled together nappin. Silly birds!

The funniest part was Pepper just sitting on his swing above them watching the drama. Sea is the youngest, she didn't want any part of it. And Saltie is older than Skye by at least 6 months, if that matters to birds,and larger, but Skye won the battle

I guess maybe Skye will be the lucky lady

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: PHIggy...a little update on the flock - PHIggysbirds, Fri May 8 22:39:50 2009