return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

I wish I was so brave-

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horses & Farm Animals ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ElusiveKimmaby at Wed Nov 17 14:46:02 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ElusiveKimmaby ]  

I don't go to the horse sales myself. We buy from people who go there and buy and sell. They'll go in, buy the good ones that they can find just above killer price, sell them to people, and any they don't sell they resell. They seem to have a new batch every 2 or 3 weeks. We've gotten all of our horses from them. They even said Lacy was so cheap (bought her, my best horse, for $800) because she was 150 lbs underweight at least and not registered. The latest one was $1250 because he's not registered and he's so underweight, but he realllllly is a sweetheart so that brought his price up. He looks like someone bought a great kid safe horse, then the kid outgrew him (he's kinda small) or the hobby, and the family just let him rot in the field. Money very well spent I believe, but I'll find out today or Saturday when I get on him. I didn't get to do a test drive this time. I've been told around here, Lacy's worth at least $4000 even without papers because people want a good horse safe and sane for their kids to learn on. She's a fantastic girl, and so cuddly! (she reminds me of a giant rabbit, I'll post a pic later!)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Just a quick update on Lacy - Now another underweight horse! blanket him? - botchlatear, Wed Nov 17 13:00:41 2004