return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

How to price your horse?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horses & Farm Animals ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ElusiveKimmaby at Sun Jan 2 23:33:10 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ElusiveKimmaby ]  

Well, my problem horse has pretty much proven that he'd rather become an even bigger problem than allow himself to be worked with. We're simply going to have to sell him. He's EXTREMELY intelligent, and being a beginner in this horsey business, I am not the person to be trying to deal with this lunatic. Everyone in here has told me to send him to horsey boot camp, and I agree, but I think I'd rather not spend $1000 (which is almost what I paid for him) when I could just sell him and put that $1000 in training toward a good horse that I don't need to work with or be concerned about.
Now, how do you go about pricing a horse? He's gelded, he is BEAUTIFUL registered paint horse, about 14.2, and he has barrel racing bloodlines. He's 6 years old, going on 7, and talk about a smoooth ride. BUT, he is currently fearful/distrustful of people (I do NOT understand why, I think he's nuts!!!!), runs away from people, and is nearly impossible to get a lead rope on unless you clip it on him when he meets you at his stall door. Otherwise, to bring him into the barn, we have to bribe him with grain and have him follow another horse that I am leading. However, he's not mean about it. He doesn't kick or anything, and when I did ride him he never bucked. He USED to be ridable (with the use of a tie-down though, he gets his head up high and then takes off running, but with the tie down he was a little gentleman), he's a very smooth ride as I said, and he's got some Walker in him, and I think he may be gaited. I'm in Northern VA and I bought him from the NC/VA border for $1250. Should I simply ask for $1250, or has his value gone down below that, or is there a chance I can ask for higher? (Only want higher so I can afford to get a better horse) Higher wouldn't even be significantly higher... maybe just an even $1300 or $1400. Every little bit would help. But I'm still open to reason, and maybe there's no way in the world I can get more than $1250 out of him.
*sigh* What a shame. I really loved this horse before he went nuts... and no one can seem to explain it

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: How to price your horse? - botchlatear, Mon Jan 3 10:14:01 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: How to price your horse? - PH Cody, Mon Jan 3 14:03:14 2005