return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Show results....and more of course

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horses & Farm Animals ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PH Cody at Tue Sep 14 09:08:38 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PH Cody ]  

Well, we made it through the weekend but it was enough to convince us to call it a year and not worry about next weekend's show. Kind of frustrating as that one's a futurity but Travis's work schedule is trying to conflict with the trip so we're opting for a quiet weekend at home.

The show this weekend was probably the least fun we've had all year. Predominantly because of the politics at play. Zack was at his best he's been all year but didn't get a fair shake. No sense going into detail, it's done and over with and in all honesty he should have placed better but what can you do? It's the show world.

The girls on the other hand made quiet an impression. I felt that our best bet was with Scarlet due to her quieter temperament but when it came to stepping into the show ring all bets were off, ROFL...Shadow actually was the one acting like a little lady for Travis where as Scarlet did awesome for the trot down, lined up and when the third filly came up behind her, it was the straw that broke the camels back and she had a temper tantrum. So we moved back to the back of the line, hoping to give Shadow a chance, LOL. There were only three of us, and the third was a really nice chestnut filly so I figured we'd take the third. Placing was all over but I think in the end, Scarlet had two firsts, a second and a third. Shadow came out with at least two, maybe three seconds...either way they both walked out of their first class with points. I was so pleased with them, especially Shadow with her being a few spot. Next year will be a good one for these two!

So we came home, unloaded, and went to bed early, LOL! But I'm rather relieved to have it done and over with, and looking forward to next year. So now maybe I can be online a bit more, get a few more things done that have been put off all summer long, and enjoy the cooler weather!

I did get some pictures over the weekend, but not many, hard to show and take pictures at the same time! Wish I had gotten some of the girls but Travis and I were both showing. But I did snap this one of Travis and Zack right before his Hunter in Hand class...yeah, this horse is not spoiled, RIGHT!

-----
PH Cody
HorseHobbyist Site Coordinator

App Chat is back in Action!! Join PH Appies on Tuesday nights from 9-11 EST in The Paddock for some Spotted Fun!

And don't forget our Saturday Night Barn Party from 9-11 also! PHRitters is always ready to party

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]