return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Miniature Donkeys

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horses & Farm Animals ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PH Cody at Fri Oct 29 12:06:20 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PH Cody ]  

Hi Amanda!

Sorry I can't be of much help with the donkeys, they aren't very prevalent here where we are. I've seen a lot of miniature horses but not donkeys.

I do remember going out with my husband to treat one many years ago when we lived down in Georgia and will say that if you get one, don't spoil it, LOL...That little guy was mean as a snake and the owners thought it was just "sooo cute"...They couldn't handle him, it took all we could do just to give him his vaccines without getting bit or kicked, and the whole time the owners sat there and talked about how cute he was, and how much they liked him...

I was thinking "give me 5 minutes alone with him..."

Like any horse or donkey, they need to know their manners! I think this guy would have been fine had he been with someone who knew how to deal with horses and hadn't put up with his behavior. He was cute...until he came at you with those ears pinned back!
-----
PH Cody
HorseHobbyist Site Coordinator

Come join our Saturday Night Barn Party from 9-11 also! PHRitters is always ready to party

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Miniature Donkeys - brewstersmom, Thu Oct 28 11:19:34 2004