return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

trading my app/arab for a thoughobred

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horses & Farm Animals ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: meandpaprika at Thu Aug 10 18:29:22 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by meandpaprika ]  

hello , i am trading my appaloosa arabian for a thoughobred this is going to be the first time that i have not owned a appaloosa my app/arab is just to much for me to train she is 2 and an amazing girl with tons of potential but i have never trained a horse before when i go her she was at a stable with a lady that was going to train her but alas the stable shut down and she has not been worked with since so i decided to sell and but i had a lady contact me that wanted to train her 9 yr old thoughobred who was used as a lesson horse for a year but who has amazing potential he is so sweet he had been turned out for over a year and she brought him in saddled him and i rode him with no problems he does have a little boney thing on his front leg but it does not seem to bother him at all . but i have never owned anything but an appaloosa so it took me a while to finally say yes one because i never wanted a brown horse and 2 because i like the clingyness of the appaloosa they seem to be really people orientated this horse is herd bound so i am worried the him being a thoroughobred that he may not like people as much as app's do any coment on this are thoroughbreds more distant from humans or are they just as people orrientated he seemed to like people allot but i thought maybe it is just that he has been turned out so long . also this is my first acctual horse he is 16.3 both my last horses were considered ponys willow 13.3 and poker barely 14.2 what is the difference in having a bigger horse ? are thoughobreds easykeepers ? my apps were super easy were mainly on hay only 1 scoop of grain a day . and the rest of the time on pasture , I know things are going to be different but i don't know how different any comments on thoughobreds as a breed or on owning a bigger horse is appriciated .
amy

pics of jack http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/amysani

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are Heretrading my app/arab for a thoughobred - meandpaprika, Thu Aug 10 18:29:22 2006 image in post

>> Next topic:  Naming New Horse - lyndz, Mon Aug 14 10:23:22 2006
<< Previous topic:  dressage question - meandpaprika, Thu Aug 10 18:15:24 2006