return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Mar 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Mar 23, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

just got jack my new thoroughbred

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horses & Farm Animals ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: meandpaprika at Wed Aug 30 17:58:47 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by meandpaprika ]  

jack is great he is in rough shape though he is under weight big sores on his hind feet calcification on his front a cloudy eye , hay bellied and ridden with parasites the lady i got him from was nice just did not have enough time for a washed up older race horse but he is rapidly improving with care , he has a little bit of issues with being ridden he wants to go thats for sure he leans his head down and forward and yanks hs head forward if i try to collect him he is extreamly heard bound we have him with a goat and if he can not see his goat he goes nuts like today i tried to put him in the stall while we trimed the goats feet i put grain and hay and he ignored both and winnied and tryed to kick the door down . but all in all he is a great boy just needs some time I did not know he was off the track till like 2 days ago when i lifted his lip to check his teeth and found his tattoo and inquired from the old owner who told me that before she got him that he was infact a race horse which is not exactly what i wanted to hear be we have him now and we will work threw his quirks any way i will send threw some pics as soon as i get some . amy

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: just got jack my new thoroughbred - PHFlea, Sun Sep 3 16:01:11 2006