return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Veterinary Service Challenges

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horses & Farm Animals ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: goawaynow at Mon Aug 25 19:58:27 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by goawaynow ]  

I know this is an older topic, but it hits very close to home. So I figured I will tell my story.

First and formost, I stay up to date on animal care and health treatments ect. I know my stuff(but not everything) Alot of things I can take care of myself. Some things I can call into the vet for. This all really helps. But almost 5 years ago my boyfriend and I rescused a german shepherd pup that would have been put down. She had a heart mummer, a very high grade one. We didn't know it was that bad. So we took her to give her a chance. One thing is we are both disabled. Long story short, she needed open heart surgery. Upwords of $2,000. We got some help from family and friends. We looked into pet aid group, but they said they couldn't help us. We ended up raising a large porsion of the money through Ebay and flea markets. About 1 1/2 months ago she started having problems eatting. I checked her mouth. Nothing in her teeth, stuck anywhere. No cuts, nothing. She was having a hard time eating and drinking. We took her to a vet. Almost $500 later we had NO answers. He said because of her heart he wouldn't do ANYTHING on/for her. But said it was probly cancer. We went to see another vet to poss. do a biopy. He looked her over, watched her eat, drink. Then said, most likely not cancer, nothing to suggest that. Maybe an infection, viris. Anibiotics, babyfood consistincy food to help her out. That vet charged $41.00. Within 1-2 weeks she was fine. We had almost no money left for the rest of the month, but would do whatever we could for the lives we took on.

Anna

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Veterinary Service Challenges - petloverCO1982, Thu Jun 28 15:09:47 2007