return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Red-Knee'd out of nowhere.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Insects, Spiders, Inverts ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: clffdvr at Thu Jun 18 18:13:48 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by clffdvr ]  

Hello,

(He's probably been in bed with me, under the covers.)
I'm new to tarantulas, but that doesn't excuse me from the mistake of leaving my Mexican Red_Kneed's tank cover crooked, so he could get out. He's been gone for about two or three months, I'm bad with time-spans. I felt really bad about his loss, because I have to leave the back door open for my dogs, and there are some heating ducts without registers in the house. I did not have much hope of getting him back. Then last night I was on the phone, and my de-barked chihuahua started yodeling like crazy in the hall. He kept it up until I put the phone down to shut him up. And there in the hall he was, monitoring the T's trip out of nowhere. The T was at least one third larger, looking even more imposing to me, and I had to catch him before he got to the living room with a hundred places to hide and get crushed. So I blocked his path with my hands, and suddenly he got fast, but he couldn't get past me. I was sure he would bite me, but it would have been worth it. Finally he crawled up my arm and I ran over and brushed him into a tank I had just prepared that afternoon for a load of roaches. I am *so* relieved and grateful he's back. He's not, I think. Now I have a baby White-Kneed and an adult Red. So cool!

Roger

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Arboreal Mexican Red knee's?? - clffdvr, Sun Jun 21 14:53:39 2009
<< Previous topic:  dead or molting??? - skuzzydoom, Fri Jun 12 02:19:02 2009