return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: pink-toed tarantula question

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Insects, Spiders, Inverts ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Krawll at Wed Jul 1 00:06:06 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Krawll ]  

Hi

I have a pink Toed T. myself and i was wondering the same thing when i first bought him .

It's totally normal that they stop eating before molting and it could take up to 3 weeks from the day she stoped eating to the day she molts. Then after the molting session is complete, it WILL take up to another full week before she starts eating again.

They need that time to allow their new skin to dry and harden up before they can start hunting again.

And about the dirty enclosure, if i were you i would wait untill she is done with the molting . She will probably make some webbing soon if she hasn't done it already. That web is only to hide in it and not be disturbed by anything. They usualy build it 1-2 weeks before molting and stay in it the whole time. Wait untill she's out of the web before trying to feed her again.

You'll eventualy get to understand your spider's needs just by looking at her. I've been taking care of mine for a year now and i can say i do understand it's body language p to a certain point

Good luck with your new pet and i wish you a late happy birthday

Krawll

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  pink-toed tarantula question - kris0707, Mon Jun 29 22:14:25 2009