return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Brown Widow in Fl/ What would you do ?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Insects, Spiders, Inverts ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Clauzilla at Fri Jan 6 16:15:29 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Clauzilla ]  

I live in Orlando FL and when we had the cold snap a few days ago we brought all the plants in from outdoors...this morning while moving them back outside I noticed a web with a large beetle in it, thinking it was old I went to wipe it away and noticed a spider actively eating it....I got my flashlight and its a Brown Widow ( after googling the markings) she is BEAUTIFUL...question...I do not want to kill her but I am not sure its safe for her inside my house as I have show dogs and also an exotic rescue yet being I am a rescuer I do not want to kill her...I most times just let spiders be however she could be dangerous to the show dogs or even to me. I can't seem to tell if FL has laws on keeping her kind or if there are people that might want these or if I should just take her to the woods and let her go...Some suggestions please...I however like her but also do not want little spider children to infest my house at a later date either. PLease I need some suggestions...as for now I just let her be as she was still eating and I figured she wasn't going anywhere too quick.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Brown Widow in Fl/ What would you do ? - wolfpackh, Mon Jan 9 08:28:16 2012