return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: How often to feed/put out food?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: coneycritters at Tue Dec 16 16:31:12 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by coneycritters ]  

>>Hello,
>>
>>I know this is a very basic question, but we just rescued a stray kitten (probably about 7 months old), and since she'll be an inside cat, I'm concerned about her gaining weight. How often should I feed her/make food available? Thank you so much for any information!
>>
>>-Nekomi
>>::i believe in joy > http://www.winds.org/nekomi/hope.html
>>
>>::my homepage > http://www.winds.org/nekomi

I would say, that partially depends on what exactly you are feeding her. If she is eating wet food only I'd say, if feeding premium, feed about 10 ounces per day, if feeding grociery feed about 15. If feeding dry, just leave a dish out, whether it's premium or grociery, and if feeding both, leave the dry out all the time, and feed 5 ounces per day (premium), or 10 ounces (grociery). When feeding wet, all these amounts are daily rations, but should be split into two feedings. You may want to consider feeding her kitten foods, but at 7 months, that is probably not nessesary (though many people recommend it until 1 year of age.) We've tried everything from generic, Walmart brands, to regular grociery brands, to premium petstore brands, to a natural raw, homemade diet. I'd say at this point, whaever works for you! -- Jennifer
-----
And neither the angels in heaven above, Nor the demons down under the sea, Can ever dissever my soul from the soul Of the beautiful ANNABEL LEE

"I saw Othello's visage in his mind,
And to his honours and his valiant parts
Did I my soul and fortunes consecrate."

Dance in the burning flame. Pleasure exhumes the pain. The night bursts into flame. Dance Helena, dance!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  How often to feed/put out food? - nekomi, Sun Nov 16 12:56:59 2003