return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

new kitten

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: janome at Sat Aug 12 20:14:05 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by janome ]  

hi. for those of you who remember me i lost my 22 year old smokey back in october of 2005. 10 months ago. its been the hardest 10 months of my life. i've been so down and in major depression i don't want to go on some days.

well, i've gotten help with counseling, psychiatrist doctor. i'm on medication now. something i never thought i would have to. it seems to be helping now. i still have bad days but i think i'm having some more good then bad. i must be cause i've adopted a kitten!! i've always wanted an orange/white female kitten. i looked in the past but it never seemed to be the right time. so last week i just stoped by the shelter "for the heck of it" i came across a mama with 2 kittens. one kitten was so beautiful i was like "thats the one". they were turned in as strays and they didn't know if they would be adoptable.

well, my sister and i went back friday afternoon to see what was going on and they were scheduled to be euthanized. we were like "what if someone wants one" so we pursued it and the guy in the back made it so i could only adopt this kitten. their reasons were they were social, and to clingy for adoption. well, wouldn't you be...taken to a big scary place. i would be terrified.

long story short i went back today and adopted Amber?. sad to say they did put mama and her litter mate down. i feel real bad about that. but i can't take them. i was just looking for one. i wish i could take all them just so none have to die but i just can't. so Amber (not sure on her name but we're calling her amber for now) was saved from being euthanized! the only thing is we don't know if she is feline leukemia neg or not. if she were to be positive we would ahve to give her up as we do have the other cats and can not take a chance on them getting if from a kitten. so she just has to be negative! i'm attached to her already. while i was holding her she was giving me little kisses on my lips.

they have to spay her so we can't bring her home till monday. please hope and pray with me that everything works out. thanks. sorry i think this is longer then i expected but i am excited

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: new kitten - meow2me, Sat Aug 12 21:47:53 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: new kitten - PHTessie, Sun Aug 13 19:27:01 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: new kitten - PHKitkat, Sun Aug 13 23:19:22 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: new kitten - Rescuekitty1979, Mon Aug 14 06:47:10 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: new kitten - gocatgo, Wed Aug 16 19:26:04 2006 image in post