return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Gabby and complaining sort of long

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: JaimeMarie at Tue Nov 7 16:58:49 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JaimeMarie ]  

Gabby is doing very well. She is home. I picked her up Sunday night. She is eating like a pig!
I think she is still not feeling very well. She is extremely lovey dovey. Which she isn't usually.

I'm pissed about the food the vet has me feeding her.
Look at the ingredients:
Brewers rice, whole grain corn, corn gluten meal, soybean meal, animal fat perserved with mixed tocopherois, and animal digest, fish meal, calcium carbonate, potassium.......

Ok I'm sick of looking things up. But there is the start!

Brewer's rice is a lower quality rice product that is missing many of the nutrients found in ground rice and ground brown rice.

Whole Grain Corn: Corn products are commonly used in pet foods as a main protein source. Because corn products are lacking in certain amino acids such as methionine, arginine and taurine, they are not as nutritious as the high quality meats

Corn Gluten Meal: low ash source of protein,While not the best quality source of protein, the use of corn gluten in small amounts offer preventive health benefits for cats.

Soybean meal is the product obtained by grinding the flakes which remain after removal of most of the oil from soybeans by a solvent or mechanical extraction process.

Animal fat is obtained from the tissues of mammals and/or poultry in the commercial process of rendering or extracting.

Animal fat is a byproduct of meat meal processing. The origin of the contributing animals is never known, and the resulting oil is very low in linoleic acid -- an essential fatty acid that is important for skin and coat health.

Soybean meal is a poor quality protein filler.

Animal digest is a cooked-down broth made from unspecified parts of unspecified animals. Any kind of animal can be included: goats, pigs, horses, rats, etc. The animals can be obtained from any source, so there is no control over quality or contamination.

Fish meal is made from unspecified types of fish.

(look something good amazing!)Calcium carbonate is a mineral that is true to its name which contains a minimum of 38% calcium. The calcium in bone provides structural integrity to the skeleton and also contributes to the maintenance of proper blood calcium levels through ongoing resorption and deposition.
-----
Jaime owned by
Mya the dog
and the cats:Crash, Moxie, Gabby and sometimes Tucker

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Gabby and complaining sort of long - meow2me, Tue Nov 7 19:20:30 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: How is Gabby? - PHTessie, Mon Nov 6 17:56:49 2006