return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Cornell visit

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: cyclopsgrl at Thu Jan 18 19:24:18 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by cyclopsgrl ]  

I am glad to hear nothing scary (for lack of better words).

I too am a big fan of Cornell. I used their 1-800 hotline to consult with an Oncologist before having Pookey's leg amputated due to cancer (from Rabies shot). The Oncologist spoke to me for an hour for the low cost of $35 (their consult fee). He was an expert in the field who'd dealt with cancer in thousands of cats.

Stanley has had IBD for about 2 1/2 years and fairly mild treatments have held it in check, haven't had to graduate to stronger meds yet. He's pretty much done very well on a stool softner and Hairball meds/treats. Bowel probs are common in older cats. His hit around age 13. He was badly constipated and they had to give him an enema. He was vomiting and lost weight because he was blocked... It took them a while to figure out what the cause was before they treated him. He sat at the vet for a couple days and we thought we were going to lose him before they figured out he just had to go #2. He actually went #2 with the help of an enema on my birthday and came home that day... Recovered quickly... IBD can be caused by the colon stretching, etc., not working 100% to expel stools. It is something that when caught early can be treated pretty easy before it becomes Megacolon... But, your vet will have to help decide if this is a problem.
-----
Tammy
Stanley and Pookey

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Cornell visit - Shboom, Thu Jan 18 22:39:24 2007

<< Previous Message:  Cornell visit - Shboom, Thu Jan 18 14:37:25 2007