return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Should I Keep In House?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Orlff at Mon Jan 29 23:38:23 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Orlff ]  

Hi Taylor, it sounds to me like he was someone's pet that got dumped. I just recently had the same thing happen. My neighbors were moving and decided not to take their female black cat with them so they put her outside to fend for herself. I was furious, first of all she isn't spayed; second, she has no clue how to fend for herself and winter is here and she would probably not make it on her own.

I have 15 cats in the house, most of them have their claws. I do have several cat trees and things they can scratch but there are times when I have to get the fly swatter out and threaten to hit the hinneys. When they see the swatter they take off running (I don't ever hit them). The only real problem I have is constant cat fur all over everything and I don't have enough hands to pet everyone, especially when I go into the bathroom.

Several of them follow me around the house and I always have to watch where I walk because they don't always get out of the way and I have stepped on tails. Quite a few of them were ferals and strays. Four of them go outside during the day. I really don't like to let them out but they were outside cats and have never fully adjusted to being inside all the time.

I would never declaw a cat because of what they have to do to the cat. The tips of the toes are amputated and the cats are never quite the same plus it is a very painful operation and puts the cat through a lot of trauma. It is great that you took this boy in and the suggestion I would give to you is to get him neutered. Males are much friendlier once their "noogies" are removed. Give him lots of head butts and snuggles.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Should I Keep In House? - PHTessie, Tue Jan 30 19:41:56 2007

<< Previous Message:  Should I Keep In House? - taylorhedrich, Sun Jan 28 13:54:17 2007 *HOT TOPIC*