return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Crash's chin again

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: JaimeMarie at Sat Mar 17 10:37:29 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JaimeMarie ]  

Crash has been having problems with her chin. Two months ago on January 15th she had a sore on her chin. I didn't know anything was wrong with it until it burst open. The vet put her on an antibiotic for 7 days. It healed up and I thought everything was fine. Than February 23 it burst open again. I brought her to a different vet because I was visiting my parents. The vet took a scraping and tested for mouth bacteria. None was found. She said it wasn't in the right place to have anything to do with her teeth. She put her on Clavamox 62.5 two pills a day for ten days. Everything seemed back to normal. Than this morning I found it was open again. I can't make it to the vet's office today. The emergency vet is 80 miles away. We are in the middle of a winter storm. I have left a message at the first vet's office. When I bring her in on Monday what should I ask them to check for? Do you have any idea what could be causing this?This morning, I also washed it out with soap and warm water then put rubbing alcohol on it. She wasn't very happy with me when I did that. I know I shouldn't complain but 100 dollars a month really isn't in my budget. I just want Crash to be better and not have to go in once a month for this. I switched her bowl to cermic, and put a glass water bowl out for her. So hopefully that will help change something. Should I continue to wash her chin with rubbing
alcohol? How many times a day? I am thinking at least twice. I would put antibiotic cream on it but I don't have any. I could try to make it the 12 miles to town. I'm not sure if I want to go out in this weather. It snowed 7 inches last night, and now it is pouring out. Before that it was freezing rain and sleet. My road hasn't even been plowed.
If any one has any advice I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
-----
Jaime owned by
Mya the dog
and the cats:Crash, Gabby and Tucker

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Crash's chin again - kittyromeo, Sat Mar 17 11:01:56 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Crash's chin again - kittyromeo, Sun Mar 18 17:29:49 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Crash's chin again - PHTessie, Wed Mar 21 19:23:02 2007