return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

New Kitten poop problem!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: MsMiranda at Wed Jul 18 09:52:11 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by MsMiranda ]  

Hi there,
I know it's been AGES since I last posted ... just for a quick update ... Jynx and Spooky have moved into their new home as of 2 weeks ago and they are doing swimmingly. We had a bit of an issue with the Rex (Jynx) who stayed under our bed covers for an entire day and cried ... and when she finally did emerge from under the covers she would proceed to scream if she happened to walk into a room where we weren't until one of us came to rescue her! She is still a little unsure about the house ... but much more comfortable now. And they are tolerating one another .. Spooky and Jynx ... as they are both female I don't see them ever being "best friends" but as long as they can be together then it's all good! They sleep on the same bed ... one at the head and one at the foot.

Now for my problem ... that's not really my problem, but a friend's.

2 days ago a friend of mine brought back a kitten to her condo from the pet store. He's not fixed and I think he's 3 1/2 months old (maybe a bit older). Anyways, he's a Persian pure-bred and the cutest little thing. BUT there's a problem ... he seems to like to poop on the carpet of their bedroom at night! He doesn't cry before he poops he just does it. BUT if you put him in the litter he'll go there ... and during the day when they are out they close the bedroom door and he poops in the litter. They are getting frustrated because they don't want to lock him out of their bedroom at night (he cries) and they don't want to lock him in the room with the kitty litter either (he cries). They removed the top of the litter (it was an enclosed one) and they moved it closer to the door of the room because he seems to like to be around them all the time -- he'll only eat when one of them is in the room with the food!

Any suggestions for these new kitten owners? They are also first-time cat owners and are a little confused. I suggested taking him to the litter every hour or so as kittens go often ... but in the middle of the night, that's a lot to ask!

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated!!
Thanks all!!!

Miranda
~*^..^*~

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: New Kitten poop problem!! - cyclopsgrl, Wed Jul 18 18:31:57 2007