return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

How do they know?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gocatgo at Fri Jul 3 22:56:06 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gocatgo ]  

It's that time of the year again.....time for the Frontline Plus flea drops! Actually I'm a little late but it's been just a week or so ago that the grandkids two dogs started showing signs of having a flea or two. So out comes the Frontline Plus. Pam carefully measures out one vile, dividing it 6 ways according to the weight of the pets. I use the large dog size for 2 dogs and 4 cats, thanks for somebody's wise advice on this board in 2003. At first, I was putting it on them once a month for the 3 hot summer months but then read on the Holistic Vet board that you only need to do it once per year. So for the past 4 years or so, we've been doing just one vile per year for the two dogs and four cats.

So just a couple of days ago, Pam was measuring out the doses for the cats and dogs and immediately the cats start acting like something is up! First off, I grabbed Samantha for her drop on the nap of her neck, and when I picked her up, she hissed and bit at me trying to scare me into putting her down. She was kicking her little feet and hissing like crazy as Pam put the drop on the back of her neck. There you go, Samantha, that didn't hurt now, did it?

Next was KatyKatt who was looking out the deck door at the two dogs who were looking in. I walked over toward Katy and she took off like a bat out of hell and ended up under my bed.

Well, OK, here's Katrina under the table. I bent down and picked her up but she was very unwilling to get flea drops on her too. She fought me the whole time, although it only took a couple of seconds.

Simba was last because he didn't try to take off or anything but sure didn't want any of those drops on him either. He tried squirming out of my hands but Pam was getting pretty fast by now.

Then we let the dogs in. Pucchi is the newest and is kind of unaware and didn't mind it at all but Gypsy thought that she could slink off and nobody would notice if she went into the front room. Wrong Gyspy! So she got hers but acted like she was being punished.

Still have KatyKatt who's hiding under my bed...so I got out a can of cat food. She always comes running in when she hears the can opening. True to her form, she let down her guard long enough to eat some food. That's when Pam just casually walked over to her, munching on her food, and put the drop on her the nap of her neck.

Another year of flea drops accomplished. But we wonder......How do they know?

-----
Ruby and the Kitties
Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!

How wonderful to do nothing and then rest afterwards. Meow!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: How do they know? - cyclopsgrl, Sat Jul 4 10:23:47 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: How do they know? - ttpurr4cat, Sat Jul 4 16:03:09 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: How do they know? - PHKitkat, Sat Jul 4 16:51:45 2009