return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: How do they know?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gocatgo at Sun Jul 5 01:54:09 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gocatgo ]  

Hi Tammy, good to talk to you again. It sounds like Pookey is doing great for being 18. And he get around very good for having only 3 legs. What a cat!

Yes, I do know what you're talking about when it comes to vet visits and hiding cats. Samantha so much as sees a cat carrier and she's a'kicking and a'fighting me the whole time that I try to put her in it. Actually it ends up with me stuffing her in it and zipping it up as fast as possible while she's letting out a pitiful meow. Then I get her to the vet. who is only a couple of blocks away, and she doesn't want to get out of the carrier.

It's much easier to put Simba in the carrier because David does him for me. He also gives him his meds when he needs any.

I had an appointment yesterday morning with the groomer for Simba and Katrina but Katrina had to get a distemper shot first so it was her turn for the vet. As soon as I got home from work Friday, I told the kids to get Katrina, and in a couple of minutes, Paula came in carrying the carrier with Katrina inside. So she was easy!

Seems like the kids are much more able than I am to get them in their carrier........ maybe because the cats don't suspect them?

As it turned out, both Simba and Katrina came home from the groomers with lion cuts. This is Katrina's first one. She was just starting to look so shaggy with her hair so long and unkempt so I decided on a lion cut for her too. Now they both look cute.

-----
Ruby and the Kitties
Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!

How wonderful to do nothing and then rest afterwards. Meow!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: How do they know? - cyclopsgrl, Sun Jul 5 12:29:53 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: How do they know? - cyclopsgrl, Sat Jul 4 10:23:47 2009