return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

20 great years with my tourtie calico "Patches"

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: abunai at Fri Dec 10 10:47:46 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by abunai ]  

Words cannot describe how I feel. My baby was with me 20 years of my life since I was 7. We found her under my neighbors deck the day after my Dad left our family. She was a source of joy and unconditional love my whole life and we had to put her to sleep this Tues 12/7/2004 at 6:00pm.
There are so many things about her that constantly amazed me. Her ability to know when I was feeling down, upset or sick. She would meow at my door till she was let in and wouldn't leave till I either felt better or was no longer sick. If anyone but me tried to move her before then she would growl and hiss to stay away. Any time I would go on a trip should would stay in my room and howl for however long I was out...drove my mom crazy. Everyday when I came into the house she would be right there waiting and would follow me around. She was firecly protective of our house from Dogs. It amazed me since she never ran away, but stood her ground no matter how large the Dog. Never once did I ever see her loose a stand down. Even when my friends pit bull tried to chase and bite her she stood her ground and gave him a swat that kept the pit from trying it again.
There is so much more to say but it would take far to long to read and write it all. Im still having a hard time dealing with this loss so I am hoping that as time moves on I'll be able to think back without getting tearful but instead think of the blessing she was to my life for 20years>

I love you Patches... truly you were my best friend!

Aaron

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]