return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Through the years....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: janome at Fri Apr 28 07:16:57 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by janome ]  

Greetings. Today is Smokeys 6 month anniversary at the Bridge. I prefer to call it Heaven. I will see her again. She was a wonderful companion and I miss her so much. The last 6 months of my life have been so hard. Harder then I ever thought or expected to go through. I miss her everyday, day in an day out. She was my constant companion for 22 years. Its been the hardest 6 months in my life.

Smokey....You are missed and loved more then ever. You were such a fighter through out those 22 years. I remember getting you at the animal shelter when you were a baby. Only 8 weeks old. Then you grew into a wonderful young adult kitty that just loved life. The years went on and our bond grew stronger. Every little thing that hurt you or made you sick I took you to the doctor for. You went to the doctor more then I did. I know you didn't like to go just like I don't like going to doctors. But it was that love I had and still have for you that took care of your every little need.

As the years went on I called you 'my Mokie' more. You loved both names Smokey and Mokie. You just loved life. As you got older you slowed down physically but spiritually you had a will to live. For 22 years we had good, bad and scary times. When you had surgery at 16 I thought I would loose you then but you stuck it out. Those 6 years after that I made sure you got everything I could do for you within my power. Our love and bond was so close. Even now in death. This is for you Mokie....

Throught the years...
You came into my life as a kitten.
God must of know how much I needed you and you needed me.

Through the years..
You grew into a young child
curious and full of life.

Throught the years...
You became a young adult. Our bond grew very close.

Through the years...
As you got older and into your geriatric years you needed me more and I needed you.

Through the years...
Your a senior now. There are changes going on in your body. We needed each other more then ever. We went through surgery together. You didn't give up and I didn't give up on you.

Through the years...
The years are ending now. You grew tired physically but your spirt was still strong. How could I let you go???

Throught the years...
Your years with me are over now but I will see you again in Eternity. I will never stop loving you. Unconditional Love.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]