return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Scaredy Cat - need your ideas

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DrFunZ at Sun Nov 2 08:59:42 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DrFunZ ]  

Hello, all,

I have been planning on adopting a cat and have fallen in love with an adorable one at the local animal shelter. The problem is that the cat is too afraid to leave her cage! When the cage door is opened, she scurries to the back of the cage. From there, she lets me pet her and becomes a purring machine! As soon as I close the cage, she runs up to it and tries to get me to pet her again. But when I RE-open the cage, she runs to the back again. If I open and close the cage door, she will run back and forth from the front to the back. She likes people, but something about that open cage and the BIG world is getting to her!

I am wondering about her "adoptability" under these conditions. She is a pure white short hair, was a mom about 6-7 months ago and has one blue eye and one yellow eye - clearly a genetic recessive in many ways.

Any ideas? I would hate to see this cutie languish forever in that tiny cage. Thanks!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Scaredy Cat - need your ideas - JaimeMarie, Sun Nov 2 12:17:35 2003