return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Cat that violently attacks people

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: bearkat2100 at Sun Mar 21 21:28:04 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by bearkat2100 ]  

My parents have had a cat for about three years now that is notoriously evil. She can come up and love all over someone but the next second bite the heck out of that person. Her behavior is very unpredictable at times.

This week she had crossed the line with my Father. After he and the cat had been playing with one of her favorite toys, she lurched forward and bit is leg. The bite mark left four deep puncture wounds. My dad is a diabetic and can't afford to get cat bites like that. He is the disciplinarian of the house, and before that cat knew she was never supposed to bite him.

Not that we like the fact that she occassionally bites us, but I can deal with it. I mean how do you really discipline a cat anyway?

Another big issue is with the cat and my grandparents. She hates them. They are over at the house all the time, and she still tries to attack if they get near her. Sometimes they feed her when my parents are out of town. When this happens she is nice to them only when she wants to eat, then its back to hissing and lunging.

My dad has never believed in keeping an animal that bites, and I can't help but feel like we are somewhat to blame for her behavior. Maybe we somehow didn't do a good job of raising her.

We got her when she was three weeks old. The people that had her always get rid of the kittens at that age, which sounds extremely young to me.

This cat is spayed, and I am just wondering what on earth we could do to get this cat to at least not attack people. She can be very sweet and playful at times. Also, there were a lot of people over at the house this week and I think that might have upset her?

Any advice would be appreciated.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Cat that violently attacks people - bearkat2100, Sun Mar 21 21:55:38 2004