return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

INCESSANT HOWLING!!! Please help before my sanity is lost!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ElusiveKimmaby at Thu Apr 29 15:48:16 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ElusiveKimmaby ]  

A stray kitty came to us about two weeks ago in the middle of a big rainstorm. She was howling and crying and so we took her in. At first we figured she was meowing so much because she was soaked and unhappy, but ever since she found us the meowing has never, never, never stopped. She's littertrained, so we suspect someone dumped her here. We suspected that maybe she was in heat, but now it's been far too long. She can be trying to go to sleep, standing around, sitting in place, being petted, even be eating or drinking with food or water in her mouth and she meows sooooo loud and it never stops! The meowing never stops. It's calmed down just a little little bit, but she never ever stops, and when she's outside she howls like she's having one of her organs slowly ripped out of her body. It's such a horrible sound! Is there any way to make this stop?! The rest of the family wants to take her to the SPCA, but I refuse to do that, I KNOW they will kill her, I HATE the facility we have here! We can't keep her anyway and I'm searching for a local rescue, but until then, does anyone know of something I can do to make her SHUT UP?!!!!!!!!
she's in my lap right now and quiet.... this is the first time she's been quiet in a whole week, minus the times that she is asleep. she can't even seem to let herself rest because she meows so much!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: INCESSANT HOWLING!!! Please help before my sanity is lost! - JaimeMarie, Thu Apr 29 20:13:44 2004
>> Next Message:  RE: INCESSANT HOWLING!!! Please help before my sanity is lost! - PHMadameAlto, Thu Apr 29 20:56:51 2004