return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: litter box play time

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gocatgo at Sun Jun 6 08:36:41 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gocatgo ]  

>>Issue - My 7 month (educated guess) kitten watches me clean our her (Julian is actually Julianne) litter box when I get home from work each day. She then will hop into it, and lay down!. She doesn't roll around in it but the litter is getting on her tummy. And of course it's not perfectly clean.Of course she tracks it around then too. She also will run back and forth - hop into the litter box, jump around in it a little, dart out and through the apartment and back again several times. Is this just a kitten playing? She was a stray before I got her and I don't know how long she was out in the wild. Maybe she misses laying on soil, I don't know. She generally has very good litter box habits and just started this. Any ideas anyone?

Sounds like she's playing in it to me. After you clean it, she likens it to a sandbox and is just entertaining herself. She probably gets pretty bored, alone in the house all day while you're at work, and finds things to occupy her time. Another kitten as a playmate would be a good solution. Or you could try changing her litter to something that she doesn't like to play in such as Feline Pine which is pellets. One of my cats liked to play in Litter Pearls when she was a kitten but when I changed to Feline Pine, the fun was over. Good luck.

-----
Ruby and the Kitties
Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!

How wonderful to do nothing and then rest afterwards. Meow!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  litter box play time - juliansmom, Fri Jun 4 10:01:01 2004