return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Agressive Cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DestanyF at Mon Aug 2 09:24:03 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DestanyF ]  

You know, I origonally got Myrtle spayed so she could go outside as she pleases without getting pregnant. But now that she is, I don't want her out there.
After coming to this site and hearing statistics and all of that, I'm come to realize that it's just too dangerous! Aside from cars that could run them over, their are ferral dogs and other wild animals that can injure or kill a cat. Especially one with aggressive tendencies and won't want to back down from a fight. Then their are feral cats, and they'll mess your cat up awful!
My cat Lucy had a brother, a twin who was a fighter and let outside alot. This cat was so mangled and scarred by the time he was two years old from all the fights he was in. Keeping him inside may seem cruel atfirst, but when you consider that indoor/outdoor cat's average lifespan is about 2 years, you're doing him a huge favor by keeping him inside. Especially if he's going into other people's homes. Not everyone in your neighborhood may like cats or even tolerate them. I've heard of people who will shoot a dog for wandering into their yard or territory, it's really very frightening to think of your cat going into other peoples houses. Even if they like cats, you don't know what sorts of chemicals they keep and where or anything at all! I'm sorry you're having this problem, but you cat does not know boundries and it's a thousand times safer for him indoors (safer for him and more considerate of your neighbors, who could claim your cat is a "nuisance" and even call in animal control). Also, alot of people around here buy harnesses and leashes for their cats so they can take them outside without them running off. Maybe you could do something like that!

Destany
-----
Myrtle - Queen Diva Mommy Cat
April - Little Miss Beauty Pagent
Mina - Professional Kitty Acrobat
Ringo - Brat Extraordonaire

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Agressive Cat - JaimeMarie, Mon Aug 2 13:52:23 2004

<< Previous Message:  RE: Agressive Cat - PHMadameAlto, Sun Aug 1 22:25:07 2004