return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Two cats -- both are crazy.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: sissah32 at Tue Aug 17 15:08:46 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by sissah32 ]  

Ok, please bear with me if this gets a bit long. I have two cats. One is approximately four years old -- female, indoor, declawed, desexed (neutered or spayed -- whichever it is for females) and I got her from the humane society about a year ago. I lived with a roommate who had a similar cat. When I moved out, she started going crazy. Meowing all the time I wasn't in her sight (including when I was in the shower), so I decided she was lonely and got another cat.

Intro crazy #2 -- I got a 5 month old (now 8 month old), desexed male cat from the Humane society. We (my boyfriend and I) have had him about three months. The old cat was very weary of the new cat, but within two weeks they were playing together, and the older cat was cleaning the kitten.

The kitten might be Satan and bites and claws a lot (not agressively -- well, he purrs when he does, so maybe he's just sadistic). He'll bite me when we're playing, but that's only if I'm an idiot and start rubbing his belly.

Three weeks ago, my boyfriend left for two weeks. The first week, the older cat walked over to his side of the bed and peed. The moment he got in the door and dumped his dirty laundry out of his luggage, she walked over and peed on it. Last night, she, again, peed on his side of the bed. This morning, she peed on the comforter (that was on the floor staged to go to the dry cleaners -- I'd hopped in the shower with it and laundry detergent the night before so I don't know if she could still smell whatever I didn't get out). We clean the box daily (and I'm getting another today).

Ok, so she's just the crazy pisser. And Crazy #2 has taken to biting my boyfriend, all the time since he got home. I feed him and play fetch with him a lot, and, as I said, he only bites me when I instigate it. He bites my boyfriend when we're sitting on the couch. He's like, ohhhh an ankle, Chomp! He bites his legs, feet and toes mostly (though he's more often getting him in a more private area), and he'll also bite him in the middle of the night when he's sleeping.

Do my cats hate my boyfriend? Is this normal? Any suggestions of how to stop it? (The squirt gun doesn't work on the little one. He likes to play with it.) And I don't know that I'll have a BOYfriend much longer if the middle of the night private bites keep on!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Two cats -- both are crazy. - DestanyF, Tue Aug 17 18:16:09 2004
>> Next Message:  RE: Two cats -- both are crazy. - PHMadameAlto, Tue Aug 17 22:07:52 2004