return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Just got 2 Siamese Cats- need help!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Sugarcuts at Sun Dec 26 02:16:26 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Sugarcuts ]  

Hey all, my girlfriend just adopted 2 female siamese cats from a local shelter here in NYC last thursday. She has some experience with cats but is by no means an expert, and I am a dog person(have had poodles my whole life), so I'm really clueless when it comes to cats. These particular cats had 2 other siamese with them at the shelter, and we're assuming they're related. They are about 3 years old and were extremely abused at there old residence. They were abused and starved by there former owner, and weigh 5 and a half pounds(they should weigh around 10). Because of this, they are EXTREMELY skiddish and we're having some problems that are making us wonder if these cats are the right ones for my GF. One cat, Tammy, is extremely curious and wanders around the house, and the other, Georgia is so scared she generally just stays hidden. They both seem really sweet, but won't let us within 3 or 4 feet of them without running away(we generally dont even try, just attempting to let them feel more at home with us). When we first got them, they seemed extremely affectionate with each other. However, Tammy has been very aggressive towards Georgia the last few days and we don't have any idea of why. Thats problem #1. Problem #2 is Georgia (we think) doesn't seem that interested in the litter box sometimes, and I feel like it might be connected to how scared she is. Problem #3 is the distance they want to keep from us. Does anyone have any advice on any of these problems? We'd like nothing more then to give these poor cats a beautiful life but we're just not sure how to go about it exactly. Most concerning is the aggression Tammy's been showing towards Georgia, and it doesn't really make any sense to us. Help! Any and all advice would be GREATLY

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Just got 2 Siamese Cats- need help! - JaimeMarie, Sun Dec 26 09:13:51 2004
>> Next Message:  RE: Just got 2 Siamese Cats- need help! - gocatgo, Fri Dec 31 21:00:57 2004
>> Next Message:  RE: Just got 2 Siamese Cats- need help! - AstiLover, Tue Jan 4 13:23:37 2005