return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

3 year old littermates hate each other

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: janome at Thu Apr 7 19:27:21 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by janome ]  

my sis and i adopted 2 spayed female calico litter mates 3 years ago (they were 8-10 weeks old then). they loved each other, played together, ate together up untill they turned about 2 1/2.

'jaffa' came down sick last week with a high temp. we took her to the e-vet since it was early and our vet wasn't open yet. after the exam, blood test they determined she had an infection somewhere. we wanted her treated at our vet so we took her there and they did IV fluids, she was a bit dehydrated, and antibiotics. after spending the day at the vet, jaffa came home. my sis kept her in her room since it's her cat and we wanted to keep her isolated from the 5 other house cats.

ever since then 'jazzy' hates jaffa to no end. (I should also mention my sis has a new pup,we've had her a couple months now so before jaffa came down sick. jazzy don't like her either). jazzy absolutely will not go near jaffa. just the site of jaffa makes jazzy go into screeming fits. i'm thinking jaffa smells different to her being at two different vets. jazzy is ok with the other cats and my dogs and is tollerating the new pup.

any advise on what we can do to help jazzy 'get over it' with jaffa? i read you can take a towel and wipe one cat down with it then wipe the other cat down so they smell alike. has anyone tried this? i would hate to go to medications although we do have some ace for one of the other cats when the new pup came into the family. also to mention jaffa could care less about jazzy's fits. her thoughts are 'what's all the fuss about'. can someone help.......thanks

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 3 year old littermates hate each other - PHMadameAlto, Thu Apr 7 21:00:44 2005