return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Biting problem... (long post, sorry)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: fur_momma at Thu May 12 15:24:24 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by fur_momma ]  

Hi,
I am new to the cat forum, and have posted a couple of questions, but I have a concern, I think someone may be able to help me with.

I just adopted a young cat (about 6 or 8 months old) from the animal shelter. She is super affectionate, but will get these fits of biting, scratching. I think she is just playing, but I have a neighbor that had a young cat that did the same thing. Now he is an attack cat, and will tear up anything that approaches him, unless you have food. He wasn't ferral but he sure acts it now!
Sara, my new baby is probably just playing, but I don't want her biting.
Does anyone know how to gently stop this? My sister said to "tonk" her on the nose with your finger, gently. Well, I tried that, and for 3 days she was afraid of my hand. She is over that, but she still bites. I say "ouch!" and "Sara, no bite!" but she scurries off playing, and comes back to do it again.
I have only had dogs from puppies, and know how to train them, and have heard that cats are difficult to train... but I don't buy it. They are too smart.
Sorry for the long post. But thanks!
Jacqueline & Sara

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Biting problem... (long post, sorry) - AstiLover, Fri May 13 07:23:02 2005