return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Why does he "pretend-bury" his dishes?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: theresdessie at Thu Apr 6 23:06:51 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by theresdessie ]  

i rescued a kitten and had him neutered soon after. all has been well until recently. hes scratching the areas around his food and water dishes, and he wont drink water from any bowl i can buy.... i understood from a book at my local pet store that his doing this with his food, is a sign he dislikes the food itself. ive changed the food several times, and he only seems to like soft pouch food, and gobbles it down in minutes. im feeding him once a day, and occasionally he will eat the new dry, but still sometimes he buries the foodbowl.

with the waterdish, im at my wits end!! i cant put more than a cup or so in the dish, without him pawing at the water, and eventually emptying it all over the kitchen floor. ive tried stainless bowls, plastic bowls with straight sides, small bowls, larger bowls, ceramic, even glass vases i used to keep betta fish in..... nothing will do for him. im literally at my end with this. ive resorted to leaving one of the bowls in the kitchen sink with fresh water in it.... he wont stay off my kitchen counters either, so i finally just gave in to that issue.... this seems to be the only way he will drink the water...

any help is much appreciated!!

donna

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Meowing & Crying - alanolis, Sun Apr 9 21:36:33 2006
<< Previous topic:  Aggressive, dominant behaviour - MeganC, Tue Apr 4 21:18:27 2006