return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

My cat is mad at me..now what do I do?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: amberl at Mon Aug 28 09:47:35 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by amberl ]  

So yesterday we tried to bring home a stray kitten and needless to say my 3 year old male cat was not having that at all. He got so pissed off that he attacked the kitten which is a natrual instict. But I got upset and pulled them apart and smacked my cat. I didn't do it hard, but it still pissed him off. I took the kittend to a friends who wanted him and came back home. I took a shower to try and get the kitten smell off of me thinking maybe my cat wouldn't be so damn mad. Boy was I ever wrong. As soon as I went to touch him he hissed and clawed at my hand and it hurt like hell. I picked him up and tried to calm him down, but that just made it worse. He than scratched my nose and face to hell causing blood to run into my eyes. I was so upset at this point that I hit him again, not meaning to hurt him and he ran. I ran right behind him yelling the whole way, and trying like all get out the get him again. Dont think I am the type of person who just goes around hitting animals b/c I hate that (bleep), but he just made me so mad that I lost it.

So all night last night and even up until now, he hisses everytime he sees me. He is really upset with me. I called the Vet and they said that he is mad at me for several reasons...1. I beat his ass. 2. I brought home a kitten. 3. b/c he is scared. They said to just let him hide out in his room with the door shut and he will be alright in a few days up to 2 weeks. So it might take 2 weeks for him to forgive me, but what if he never does. The vet said to just pop my head in the door every once in a while and talk softly to him and let him know I am sorry and I love him...

Please help, I am so afraid he will never be the same with me.
Thanks
Amber

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: My cat is mad at me..now what do I do? - PHKitkat, Mon Aug 28 16:03:46 2006