return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Water problem getting worse

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: chatanuga at Sat Dec 22 09:05:46 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by chatanuga ]  

Well, the problem has gotten worse. Got home last night, put groceries away, and then gave Casey a bath. I then proceeded to dry him off and wash out the tub since the kitty litter that had been on his legs was washed off and in the tub. I then went downstairs to fix dinner.

I went into the kitchen and stepped in water. That's right. He dumped out the water again. I scolded him and cleaned it up, refilling the tank of the waterer. I fixed a sandwich, went in the living room to eat it, and then went back to the kitchen, stepping in water again (4th time in one day). I cleaned it up again, not filling the waterer since there was still some water in the tank.

After dinner, I went upstairs and began to clean the kennel, which took about 45 minutes or so as bad as it was. Part way through, I went downstairs since the cats had been quiet. Casey had again made a mess in the kitchen.

So, in one day, he made six big messes.

Flash forward to 9AM this morning. I woke up and went downstairs. The kitchen was worse than at any time yesterday. The floor was wet. The bottom 2-3 inches of my wooden kitchen chairs were darkened from soaking up water. The carpet at the entryway to the kitchen was soaked. And there were water spots all over everything.

After cleaning up the mess, I've removed the tank on the waterer and only put the filled base in the litterbox for now. Even then, he's gone in and tried playing in it.

I'm to my breaking point right now. I'm half tempted to just pack up his things and take him with me to my parents' on Tuesday for Christmas and let them have him back. Granted, yes, Chessie made his occasional mess that I would have to clean up, but it was never like this.

I think it has to do with the medicine he's been on for the past week and a half for the loose stool issue he's had. The condition has cleared up, and he's since been more on the wild side.
-----

Chessie and Casey Jones relaxing together.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Water problem getting worse - ttpurr4cat, Sat Dec 22 13:40:20 2007

<< Previous Message:  Water problem - Chatanuga, Fri Dec 21 09:27:27 2007